Present: Kim Ceceil/Stratford, Melissa Murray/Stratford, Andrea Clements/RSFH, Mitchell Hammonds/MUSC, William Dooley/Hanahan, Angela Mills/Cane Bay, Angela Burnett/Timberland, Katie Butcher/Berkeley, Grace Waddell/Agape, Beth Demas/SC Aquarium, Sonya Addison-Stewart/BCSD, Julie Bamberg/West Ashley, Tralice Reddock/CCSD, Liz Sheridan/MUSC, Ashley Barnes/Goose Creek, Nancy Muller/LGC, Hanna Beckman/Ashley Ridge, Jessica Schwartz/Charleston/Dorchester Mental Health, Nadine Miller/DD2 Staff Present: Suzi Raiford
Suzi distributed Hour of Code information and provided contact information for chemistry lab tours/activities at High Purity.
September Kick-Off Meeting feedback-schedule again next year because more teachers were able to attend.
· Andrea Clements/RSFH and Melissa Murray/West Ashley are collaborating on delivery of new BioMed curriculum
· William Dooley/Hanahan is collaborating with Dr. Burns on the patient care technician program.
· Grace Waddell/Agape delivered HIPAA and Confidentiality training to nearly 190 students in CCSD and is presenting them with completion certificates.
· Beth Demas/SC Aquarium and her team can be a resource for veterinarian pathways and curriculum-based tours.
· Ashley Ridge is scheduled for a facility tour of the Dept. of Mental Health.
· West Ashley is starting the BioMed program and wants to coordinate with MUSC to tour the BioTech facility.
Liz Sheridan and Mitchell Hammond provided an update on “Discover MUSC”, Friday, March 10, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Maximum attendees-250 (83 per district).
Teachers and Academy Partners one-on-one planning time (25 minutes).
December 8 All Academy Cluster meeting
April 4 (April 11 is during spring break)