Updated on April 28, 2016 in STEM
4 on April 25, 2016

Summerville STEM Advisory Board meeting

Present:
Robin Willis
Christine Trevillyan
Trey Hodges
Gailia Mercer-Brown

Gala planning – May 12th in the Summerville Gym 6-7:30 p.m.
35 STEM PLTW Completers this year
5 exceptional students will be given $25 gift cards, tshirts (one each class)
Ken Canty will be the event speaker.

Gala invitation

For next year
One potential new AP (Suzi)
need Digital Electronics partner too – will be adding this class

Goal- Multi day job shadows (would need to be half days in the morning) for the EDD Capstone course. There would be a total of 54 students in this class. Not all will be able to participate

Would like to build a little house as Civil Eng project. Would like a residential builder AP
Maybe get a site visit of a tiny house as field trip.
would like students to be able to do community service at Habitit

We discussed need to have Citadel recruit students – in the past Citadel has seemed uninterested in helping with this. Robin reaching out to Duvall Herlocker – business advisor.
For September Advisory Board meeting: plan for Discover Citadel days for Engineering students.

• Liked by
1 on April 26, 2016

Robin,
Somehow, I missed that there was a Summerville STEM Advisory Board meeting, I do apologize. Was pulled into a meeting and missed the Gala. So sorry! However, on a brighter note, I am a member of the Boeing Citadel Alumni group and think I could help with getting connected with the Citadel. We have alumni who do speed networking, speak to groups on the value of a Citadel education and it’s impact on their career. We also give an annual scholarship to a student in SC who will be attending the Citadel.
Best!

Cindy

on April 26, 2016

Hi Cindy, Thanks for your note. We look forward to meeting you and you have not missed the Gala – it is on May 12. We would love to work with the Citadel Alumni group – thanks for the offer – we can incorporate that into next year’s work. If you can make the Gala I would love to introduce you to the Summerville STEM teachers and administrators! 

Thanks! Robin Willis

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 on April 26, 2016

Hi There,

I too apologize for missing the meeting.
See you at the Gala,

LB

on April 28, 2016

No problem, see you in May if not before. 
Best, 

Robin

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
Click here to start your discussion
YOUR PREVIEW